Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance II revisited.
Well, I BGDA2 last night. The ending I found quite anti climactic. I was presented with an array of "boss" creatures, all of which died with very little effort on my part. Sure, my character was the necromancer, and the game was on easy, but I did expect to use a few of the many extra health potions I had collected. Instead my summoned pet occupied 100% of the monsters time, while I stood at a distance holding circle down.
Now, Ive finished the game, so I have access to the "Extreme Difficulty", my choices are a level 27 Necromancer, or, Ive also unlocked Drizzt, who is level 16. Now, the Necromancer is level 27, and Ive maxed out the usefull skills, which means that... well.. unlike a melee character that sees improvement with each levelup, my Necro is stuck. Either Extreme mode is going to be a walkover the whole way, or its going to be incrediably easy, until chapter III or IV, at which point it will switch over to too hard. With no option for me to improve my characters offense.
And Chapter III and IV really form the core of my gripe against BG:DA II. Theyre short. Out of the 20 odd gameplay hours it took me (not counting reloads) to finish the game... I spent about 3 hours in the final 2 chapters combined.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home