Unhinged Ramblings.

The Description. It describes. A blog. My blog. I blog. Here.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

The beginning of the End.

Ok, I think ive done myself in. Ive placed an order for Everquest from Amazon.com. I have no idea if they will deliver the thing to South Africa - most things they seem happy to ship over. Like region 1 encoded DVDs for example. I dont think theres a DVD player in the country that hasnt been free'd from region restrictions. For crying out loud - being a bit of a Closet Trekkie - Star Trek: The Original Series is only available in region 1 encoding. And here I live in a region 2 country. Fat chance my DVD player plays only region 2 content.

But, Ive ordered Everquest from Amazon. Its $26, not counting shipping that will probably easilly double the price. And then I find out today that Gamespy can be tricked into making trial CD-Keys for EVE-Online. Download the client from www.eve-online.com and make yourself a trial CD Key here (GameSpy ID required).

Of course, the only reason I'm stuffing around with EVE is the fact that I'm looking for something to replace the lack of Jumpgate in my life. Jumpgate has to be one of the most unregarded MORPGs. I say MORPG rather than MMORPG because it never really got past a couple hundred online players. The graphics is shite, but that matters not at all, because Jumpgate - first and foremost - is a first person view space flight simulator in which all flight, be it combat or hauling cargo, is based on the players "twitch" skill with the mouse - preferably Joystick. Its a fucking brilliant game IF you can get past the fact that it really only has long lasting appeal to the PVP or PK crowd. Do not even think of playing it long term as a trader as the economy is totally exploitable and you cannot go anywhere without pirates stealing your stuff, or blowing you up because they dont like you, and with an onlien population of 50 odd players they are GOING to know who you are and bear a grudge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home