Unhinged Ramblings.

The Description. It describes. A blog. My blog. I blog. Here.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Dentists

Im no great fan of dentists, but then I dont think anyone will claim to be. Unless they just had a really sore tooth removed perhaps. I mean, the dentist himself is probably a great guy, but Im not predisposed to like anyone who spends our only quality time together sticking needles in my gums, then spending ages grinding away with a variety of drills in my mouth.

What I really dont know however is how to deal with the Dentists assistant. Generally they are female, young and attractive. So you smile, and say hello, and realize that in a few moments shes going to be staring at the back of your throat wielding some sort of suction device that she will take great delight in getting too close to your cheek, which will then get sucked in and get stuck to the end of the probe till she yanks it out of your mouth.

I digress however from the core of this message: I just went for the 2nd visit to get a crown fitted and realized something - crownes are very nearly the greatest thing. The first visit involved much drilling which was not good, but the actual fitting was glorious. Every time the dentist needed to make an asjustment he took the damned thing out my mouth, and used his tools on it *over there*.

Somehow, we need to be born with detachable teeth. Then the dentist can do his thing with the drills and the polishers and pokey bits, and we can read a magazine till its time to refit them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home