Formula 1: Spanish Grand Prix
The Spanish Grand Prix was held at Barcelona this weekend. Once again it was a depressing race. Not because Schumacher won again, but because all the overtaking of note didn't happen on track. Cars are on track in one order - theres a round of pitstops, and the race leader has changed.
I really dislike pit stops. I watch Racing to see drivers race. Wheel to wheel. At the moment Formula 1 has degenerated into some kind of World Rally championship where each car is essentially alone on the road - with a car 2 minutes ahead and a car 2 minutes behind - and you only know the order when the times are added up at the end of the race.
There were only two elements of excitement the entire day - and they both happened at the very start of the race. First, some nutcase got onto the track to promote his political message. Then there was the amazing start of Trulli in the Renault who rocketed from fourth to first.
On a funnier note - before the race - just to piss off some BMW fans - I predicted that Montoya wouldnt even finish this race. As it turned out, Montoya retired due to brake failure about 2 thirds into the race - knocking over one of his pitcrew because he couldn't stop. No injuries thankfully.
All I can say about Mclaren and Williams is W.T.F.???
Given that Formula 1 is for the motor manufacurers involved a marketing platform, I'd much rather own a Ferrari than anything that BMW or Mercedes have on offer. A Ferrari or a Renault. Not too sure about the Renault though - can't say I trust anything wearing french rubber.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home